By Robert Tonchuk
In the first installment of our reporting blog series, we shared details on reports commonly used by sales, marketing and finance departments. Today, we’re providing information on those essential to accounting, fulfilment and customer service teams:
- General Ledger (GL)
- Deferred Revenue Report
- Deposit Report
- Aging Report
- Inventory by Issue Report
- Comment Type Report
The General Ledger Distribution Report details the transactions posted to Multipub within a specified date range in both Detailed and Summary format.
- The report totals by GL account number and account type (income, deferred income, cash, etc.), as well as by product or product type.
- Every financial transaction performed in Multipub is stored (and is never overwritten), as the system creates the required debits and credits to its own GL.
- Additionally, Multipub offers the ability to run a “GL Extract” which allows you to import these transactions directly into your own accounting system (Great Plains, Dynamics, Quickbooks, etc.).
- The .csv output of the detail allows for a virtually unlimited analysis of the financial transactions and offers insight into the subscribers and clients related to Customer Types, Entity/Parents, Groups, Area of Interest, Product, Product Type, Group Product Type and any other specified custom demographic required in your business.
Deferred Revenue Report:
The Deferred Revenue Report calculates both current and long-term deferred income.
- It may be run in detail, which lists subscriber and order information or in summary format, which gives the total deferred income by product.
- Current deferred income shows how much income will be recognized within one year from the date the report is run. Long-term deferred income indicates the remaining to be earned (beyond one year).
- As with the rest of our reports, the .csv output of the detail allows for virtually unlimited analysis into the subscribers and clients related to Customer Types, Entity/Parents, Groups, Area of Interest, Product, Product Type, Group Product Type and any other specified custom demographic required in your business.
This report is typically used to ensure payments received by finance are processed accurately and timely by the Order Processing Group within your organization. This report provides a daily reconciliation between the cash collected, (whether it was collected by Check, MasterCard, VISA, American Express, Discover, PayPal, Wires or any other payment method your organization uses) and the payments applied to Multipub’s GL Cash Account. There is no gray area in this reconciliation process. You will either balance or you won’t, and you’ll become aware of it that day instead of waiting until the end of the month when closing the financials.
The Aging Report groups the unpaid balances on subscriber accounts into the aging buckets (30, 60, 90, etc.) you choose to define in Multipub. Additionally, the Aged Cash Receipt Report groups payments received by those same buckets, so you can easily analyze where your incoming cash is being applied.
Inventory by Issue Report:
Don’t let the report name fool you. The Inventory by Issue report is actually a powerful forecasting tool, enabling you to review future income earnings. It provides income to be earned over the lifetime of the product by either issue date or accounting period, along with what will be earned in that period, what will remain in deferred at that moment in time, and how many order or copies are expiring.
Comment Type Report:
The secret to understanding your clients is to understand what and how they think, along with the catalyst for contacting your organization. The Comment Type Report is a must in exploring this information.
- Multipub allows for unlimited comments and notes to be added to any contact in the database.
- In it, you can create Comment Type Codes that will help aggregate and consolidate those comments into groupings for review by day, week, month, quarter or any other time period of your choosing.
- By creating Comment Types (which get appended to every comment), you can quickly access a high level view of both negative and positive response from your current client base.
Focus: Reporting Webinar Now Available
Don’t forget to sign up for the next installment of our webinar series, Focus, for a deep-dive into Multipub’s reporting capabilities. RSVP here for the May 25 event at 1:00 PM CST.