Recently, we began searching for a new hosting solution for our eCommerce clients who use Multipub’s hosted shopping cart. As we looked for a partner, we knew we wanted:
- A specialized hosting provider whose sites were tuned for WordPress
- A company who had WordPress experts on staff to provide support and security updates.
After investigating a number of providers, we selected Flywheel for the following reasons:
- Each site is on its own VPS (Virtual Private Server).
- Security updates are automatically installed.
- Caching is fully supported without extra fees.
- Staging environments are provided.
- Emails are handled via a third party email provider, Mandrill.
- Daily offsite backups are automated to Amazon servers.
- CDN (Content Delivery Network) is available at a minimal rate.
In our partnership with Flywheel, we’ve been incredibly pleased with their technical acumen, customer service and support. They have migrated our customers’ sites to their platform very quickly. In particular, they did two migrations for Surfer’s Journal. The initial one was done within 6 hours of our request, and the final installment happened within an hour.
Their quick work and quality performance makes this a partnership that will provide continued benefits to our clients. We couldn’t be more pleased to have them on board.